At Mía Hotels & Resorts we believe in sustainable tourism, which is why each of our actions is part of an important objective: To be the leading hotel group in growth and sustainable development.
We reiterate our commitment to the regeneration of the environment, which is why we join initiatives and programs such as
- Earth Hour for the second year in a row.
- MÍAprotected area with 88 trees adopted by our collaborators.
- We voluntarily participate in the Blue Crab Protection Days.
REFORESTATION HOTEL MÍA REEF with endemic trees of the island.
At MÍA Bacalar we have a wetland system for wastewater treatment that consists of 4 stages:
- Pre-treatment: Anaerobic reactors that carry the greatest degradation of organic matter
- Water treatment: Carried out by the wetland system made up of plant stones, it decontaminates all the organic matter that all the raw residual water brings
- Water disinfection: Pathogenic microorganisms are removed from the water
- Reuse of water: 100% of the treated water is used in our green areas, it is crystal clear water without odor or color.
We have an airtight container to deposit organic matter of various types such as vegetable and fruit waste, food waste, coffee waste and seeds, achieving anaerobic fermentation by the action of microorganisms, obtaining methane gas as a product; We use the latter in our kitchen facilities.
We have a vegetable garden and the chef uses his organic products to create gourmet dishes. Some examples of the plants we have are:
- Sweet potato
- Male oregano
Link with the Communit
We recognize the importance of the communities that surround us, which is why it is essential to generate spaces for the co-creation of value, maintain a link with the communities where we impact, and be able to appropriate their uses and customs. It is for them that through the following activities we reinforce our commitment to them:
- Donation of 8 computers to CONALEP students
- Delivery of household goods for victims of the flood in Tabascoo
- Donations to “Los Angeles del Mago Chontal”
- “Ciudad de la alegría” Donation
Pink Month Corporate campaign
Awareness campaign and collection of the pink month where we support two foundations through donations in lobby with our pink boxes, sale of products with a cause within the hotels such as face masks and bracelets as well as awareness talks to collaborators regarding the importance of self-exploration.
“Bazar orgullo Quintana Roo”
In conjunction with the Secretary of Economic Development of the State of Quintana Roo, we carried out both the MÍA Reef Isla Mujeres hotel and the MÍA Bacalar “Bazar Orgullo Quintana Roo”. This bazaar seeks to promote the work of producers and artisans who have the distinctive “Made in Quintana Roo” since, with its use and promotion, it seeks to strengthen the internal market, promoting the consumption of Quintana Roo products to favor the growth of companies. places that create jobs.
At Mía Hotels & Resorts, sustainability and care for the environment are a fundamental part of our day-to-day life, which is why, through the “Fundación Mía Sustentable”, we carry out cleaning, awareness and conservation projects in natural areas.
Learn more about the “Fundación Mía Sustentable” here: